Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sold.


After over 1-1/2 years on the market, my townhouse finally sold. This past Friday I closed on my townhouse, and it took all week, but we are now fully moved into our new place. We are renting a little house in a nearby town, just a few minutes from my old crib. Honestly, the townhouse never seemed like home to us after we returned from Brazil. It seemed small, and we just didn't feel the same about it. While we were ex-pats, we had rented the townhouse out for about a year, and it sat vacant for the other year. Over that time, Edge got bigger and we grew accustomed to the luxury of nearly 3x the space and living detached from our immediate neighbors. Our biggest regret was that we didn't put the townhouse up for sale in 2005 or so when the market was at it's peak. I bet it would have sold for another 10% beyond what I got for it this week. But, hindsight is 20/20 I guess. Regardless, I am very happy with the check I received on Friday.

For now, we're renting and plan to wait out the market at least a few more months before getting serious about looking for a place to buy. Why rent? We like this area, and will be looking around here for our new house.

But, for now, it's a time to relax a bit. Ahhh.

No comments: