Saturday, September 02, 2006

Soldiers Commercial

I'm doing a little testing here of linking to video. I have some of my own videos I was considering sharing, but I didn't want to publish them to YouTube for the whole world. So, consider this a bit of a test.



But, there is a Brazil tie in here for me. This commercial came out during the '05 Superbowl. The Superbowl is broadcast in Brazil over Spanish ESPN, but without the commericals. Curious about the Superbowl commericals that year, I searched online and found them. This one stood out to me. By then, we had been living in Brazil for about 6 months. When you live outside your country for a while, your native patriotism tends to increase in proportion to the time away. Anyway, this one really hit home for me, and I'll admit, I got "choked up" by it. Somehow, the part when the cooks start clapping really gets me. Even today when I watch it, I always think about sitting in my home office room, in Brazil, watching it for the first time.

No comments: