Saturday, June 09, 2007

"Best Parts for Barbecue"



I was going through some old papers, and came across a "cow-map" from our favorite Churrascaria in SJC. This particular card is a bit beat-up, since I must've folded it up a few times and stuck in my pocket for safekeeping. There is a name and phone number of company VP on the back which I wanted to save. I remember this particular dinner. There was a VP leadership team in town, and of course, that meant they stopped by our plant for a tour. Afterwards, we all went out to dinner at the Villa D'aldeia since it was our customary place to bring the out-of-towners. It was a great "networking" event for me, and I'm still in touch with some of them today. Being a tour guide for visiting company dignitaries was a fringe benefit of my time in Brazil.

Anyway, as I've probably explained before about Churrascarias, there is a bewildering variety of meats to choose from, and this user-friendly guide helps you to choose which part of the beast you'd like to try. This one had the English translations, which was helpful when we first got there. I enjoyed most of the types listed on the front, except Cupim. What's Cupim, you say? Check out the map.

No comments: